If your Epson printer shows error message Service Required “The Printer’s Ink Pads at the end of Their service life” and your Epson printer has the red light blinking problem; You can repair and fixing the printer yourself by resetting the printer.
Why printer shows that error message The Printer’s Ink Pads at the end of Their service life?
In the Epson and other printer mainboards, they have a chip that counts the page printed, at some limit printer will show that error and need to be reset.
How to reset Epson Printer?
There many ways to repair Service Required error, ex: replace the chip or replace the mainboard or reset using the software. This guide will show you how to reset Epson Printers using Epson Resetting Program
- Connect printer by USB cable only
- Connect your computer to Internet
- Download Epson Resetter for free
- You must disable Epson Status Monitor, you can follow the guide here
- Run the Epson Resetter Software
- Select the printer you want to reset in list of the left window
- Click the Read waste counter to view Counter status
- Click Reset waste counter to reset counter status
- Enter the one time key to continue, you can get the key here
- Then wait a second, an important alert appear, tell you turn printer OFF. Now switching OFF the printer
- If your printer reset success, The Reset Utility tool will show up a message: “Congratulations. Your printers waste counter(s) have now been reset”. Click “Close”
- Now check Waste counter again: Switch ON the printer, then click “Read waste counters” button, you can see the counter number.
All done! If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.