HP Scan Doctor is a free tool from HP to help HP Printer user to maintain the printer and fix common printing and scanning problems in Windows, such as missing or corrupt print drivers, connectivity issues, firewall issues, scan error messages, printer offline, and print jobs stuck in the print queue
HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks.
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.1 for Windows (10.6 Mb)
How to using HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to the computer.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install and open the tool.
- On the Welcome screen, click Start to view a list of available printers.
- Select your printer in the list, and then click Next. If your printer is not listed or a connection problem is detected, click My product is not listed or select your connection type, follow the on-screen instructions, and then click Retry. Click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
- If you are prompted to install the printer software, follow the on-screen instructions. The software can resolve many printer issues.
- Review the list of test results, and then resolve any issues found.
- If you see a checkmark , the printer passed the test.
- If you see a wrench , HP Print and Scan Doctor found an issue and repaired it.
- If you see an exclamation point , the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.
- If you see an X , follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.