The printer cannot print from a computer because a print job is stuck in the Windows print queue. This stuck print job cannot be cancelled or deleted and prevents further print jobs from printing. Clicking Cancel on the job in the queue, does nothing.
This issue can occur due to a variety of reasons, such as power outages, but always involves the print job spooling process in Windows.
To fixing printer cannot printing because Print jobs document stuck in print queue, follow these step:
- Delete printing job document file and restart
- Reinstall printer driver
Before do two step above, make sure that your printers work normally and printer not blinking.
- Delete printing job file
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from printer
- Open Windows Services by pressing Windows key ( ) + R, type services.msc in the window that opens, and then click OK
- Locate and find Print spooler
- Right click on Print Spooler then select stop
After the service has been stopped, minimize the services window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS.
- Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder
- Back to Services Window then Start the Print Spooler Service
- Turn on printer and do a test print
- If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Search Windows for devices and click Devices and Printers in the list of results.
- Right-click the icon for your printer, and click Remove Device. The system processing to uninstalls the printer software
- Restart the computer
- Install your printer driver
- Do a test Print
If you are using HP Printers, you can use HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve this error.