Canon Service Tool V3400 can perform service adjustments and reset procedures with the absorbent ink counter. To reset the waste ink absorber counters, you must use the V3400 service tool in Windows XP or under another Windows operating system in compatibility mode.
CANON Service Tool V3400 for all iP series, MG series, iX series, MP series printers work under Windows OS only.
Some of supported printer models for work with Service Tool V3400:
MP230, MP237, MP258, MP270, MP278, MP280, MP287, MP490, MP540 etc
IX6500, IX6510, iX6840 etc
iP2700, iP3600, iP4800, iP4810, iP4840, iP4900, iP4910, iP4940, iP4970, iP4980, iP4990, iP5810, iP5880, iP7240 etc
MG2120. MG2140, MG2240, MG2270, MG3140, MG3540, MG4140, MG5140, MG5240, MG5270, MG5340, MG5450, MG6140, MG6150, MG6240, MG8140, MG8240
How to use Service Tool V3400:
- Download Service Tool V3400
- Set the printer to Service Mode
- Run the Service Tool V3400.exe program
- Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
- In the Ink Absorber Counter section of the Service Tool, select MAIN from the Absorber pull-down menu.
- From the Counter Value (%) pull-down menu, select the value (in 10% increments) which is the closest to the actual counter value confirmed before replacement of the logic board, and click SET.
- Print EEPROM information to confirm that the value is properly set to the EEPROM.